Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. I combine both Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with Mindfulness Therapy to give you lifelong skills to manage your anxiety.
When it comes to treating anxiety, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms of the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Always asking “What Ifs” and going down the rabbit hole of negative thinking.
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to be calmer, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from anxiety, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.